Skip to main content

NEWSBerom community makes shocking revelation on Plateau killings




The Berom Educational and Cultural Organisation (BECO) said it lost 150 people during the fresh attack on its members by herdsmen in Barikin-Ladi and Riyom Local Government areas of Plateau State.

BECO’s Secretary, Davou Choji Davou, in a statement, yesterday, in Jos, said the Berom lost 150 members between Friday and Sunday last week.


“BECO is highly disturbed by the painful holocaust, ethnic cleansing and genocidal killings of our people within a span of three days, from Friday to Sunday, with the military being overwhelmed and doing nothing to save the lives of innocent and defenceless women, children, the aged and men in Gashish, Ropp and Heipang Districts in Barakin Ladi Local Government Area and Bachi District in Riyom District of Riyom Local Government Area of Plateau State.

“In the last three days alone, our communities at Razat, Raku, Tanabu, Tison, Kakuruk have witnessed 33 brutal massacre. At Ex-Lands (Gindin Akwati) the death toll is 31, while Nghar villages of Gashish District has witnessed the highest casualties of 67 people brutally killed.

“In Gana- Ropp village of Ropp District, 33 were killed while in Chik village of Heipang District, two people were gruesomely murdered in cold blood. In Shonong village of Riyom District, the figure is 11. In the last three days, the Berom has lost about 150 members of its community.

“What is more disturbing to us is the refusal of the security services to allow us access to the affected areas to evacuate the injured and provide relief to those whose houses have been burnt and property looted,” he revealed.

He said the victims were held hostages with no help from the security agencies and government.

He further appealed to government to come to their aid by providing adequate security in the areas and giving room for food and medical attention to the injured.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Support For GEJ: C C Okirie Commends PDP In Rivers State

A frontline politician in Rivers State Chief Chukwuma Chinwa Oikrie has commended the leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party in Rivers state under the leadership of Bro. Felix Obuah (Go Round) for the support the party has given to President Goodluck Jonathan’s second term bid. Chief Okirie made this known at Omoku Town the headquarters of Ogba/ Egbema / Ndoni local government area over the weekend when the Party opened the Campaign Office of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan in the LGA. While thanking the state Chairman for his support, Chief Okirie stated that with the support the President has received from the party in the state, there was even no need for him to come and campaign personally.   “With the tremendous support the people of the state have accorded the President, I think he should go and rest. It is even immaterial if he comes to campaign personally because the people of the state are behind him. We will give him the traditional 100% votes we have alway...

“Stop Harassing Atiku’s Business Interests”- CC Okirie

A Port Harcourt based businessman and politician Chief Chukwuma C. Okirie has called on the Federal Government of Nigeria not to use or allow any of its agencies, parastatals or departments to be used in intimidating or harassing any business interest (s) of former vice President Alhaji Abubakar Atiku. Chief CC Okirie who is also the National Coordinator of  Project AA a socio political group with wide follower-ship across the country said the former vice president of the country has sacrificed so much for democracy in the country and should not be subjected to any form of harassment due to his political ideology or aspiration. Chief Okirie who briefed newsmen during the meet the media chat with newsmen on the activities of his group PROJECT AA said it was high time Nigerians are allowed to speak their minds or aspire for any position of their choice without being witch hunted by authourities.  He lamented that some people who believe they have some people in particular...